BIRDS and BEARS Photo Tour in Romania - Brasov 4d/3n PRIVATE
Romania it’s an amaizing place for BIRDS and Bears photograpy. This tour is dedicated to Wildlife Photographers with high demands. We’ll search for birds in mountains area (moderate level trekking) and we’ll shoot bears from the best hide for photographers, with the bears at the same level with the photographer.
Brown Bear – the best seasons are March – June and September – December. Can be also very interesting sometime in January – March IF they don’t hibernate. Bears on snow … hmmm, what a dream :-). We shoot from the best hide, through glass.
You can choose between PRIVATE HIDE – we’ll take the hide only for your group (this means always a booking long in advance) or SHARED HIDE – you’ll share the hide with other visitors. Also Foxes and Wild Boars are coming sometime to the hide.
Chamoix – Can be seen anytime in our tours, sometime very close.
Wall Creeper – A difficult bird. Best season is December – May. We shoot from walking or from camouflage nets.
Ural Owl – Best time December – May. We know the best places where they hunt.
Of course, many other species are here but this are the most important.
The program proposal is:
Day 1 – Pick you up from Bucharest (Airport or Hotel), for other pick-up point ask us. Transfer to Brasov area and accommodation in a very nice local guesthouse of 3*, with ensuite bathroom. Dinner and short chat about next days program.
Day 2 – Early in the morning, we take a walk in a National Park searching for birds and Chamoix, Breakfast is to go, from guesthouse. At lunch time we come back to the accommodation to rest a little bit and eat a good meal. Then we depart to the BEARS hide. The shooting session is till late, after sunset, we use even the last light. We come back for a late dinner and go to sleep.
Day 3 – Early in the morning take another walk, on another area, for other birds. Lunch and rest to the accommodation, then evening session, especially for landscapes.
Day 4 – Transfer to Bucharest … or, if you want to link this program to another one of ours, in Dobruja or Danube Delta, we’ll transfer you to Tulcea.
We accommodate you in 3*** local guesthouses, in double rooms with ensuite bathrooms. We collaborate with the best accommodations in places that we go through and we know exactly where to accommodate to be in compliance with our program.
Breakfast and dinners are in the restaurant and we will take packed lunch.
We use for these tours are 8 places minibuses that we take up to 6 tourists (+ driver and guide). The cars are very well maintained, properly equipped for the winter season and are drive by experienced drivers.
We have the best team of guides in the area. The guides are knowledgeable of these areas, know exactly what and where to look. Will give you all the information you need, both about birds and about the places we go.
Being an outdoor tour, which involves traveling by land, you need a good personal equipment. It should contain:
- Waterproof clothes – in Dobruja even if it does not rain, winter is likely to be fog and / or wind. Only good quality clothes will remain warm and dry.
- Waterproof and mud shoes – boots, GOOD QUALITY! We will travel through the mud or snow, even if are not long distance, though you should be well prepared for this.
- Color of the clothes is also very important. Please bring your clothes in colors more natural, as close to the colors of nature surrounding. Camouflage pattern on brown are best. If clothes come in red, yellow or other colors of the city you will certainly not go too close to wildlife.
As photo equipment should have with you:
- Long lenses (+400mm) for birds; wide lenses for landscapes and medium range (ex 70-200) for Bears hide.
The price of this tour is:
|No of pers||SHARED Hide||PRIVATE Hide|
The price is in EURO, per person and includes all taxes.
* For groups 3 and 5 people, a single is included.
The price includes:
- Transfers from Bucharest to Brasov area and back**
- Guide, ENGLISH language
- Accommodation in locations of 3 ***, in double rooms for 3 nights
- Meals (dinner on the first day, breakfast + lunch + dinner on days 2 and 3, breakfast on the last day)
- Day Tours in Transylvania with car and guide (2 days of tours)
** For other places of pick up, please request a price.
The price does NOT include:
- Soda and Alcohol Drinks, besides water and tea or coffee are not included.
- Snacks and Drinks outside of normal meals
- International Medical and Travel Insurance Coverage
- Services of personal nature (telephone calls, laundry etc.)
- Single supplement – 100 euro/pers/program
Minimum age of children who can participate in this tour is 12 years.
Children (over 12) are at the same price as adults.
* Please subscribe only after carefully read the description and tour program. This is NOT a classic trip, do not expect to go only to the classic sights in shoes and shirt. We go to see natural places, wild animals and birds. We walk into mud, we will climb the mountains and hills, will show what you can not see in traditional excursions.
In case of extreme weather conditions (snow, roads closed) occurred before the start of the tour, the deposit will be returned in full.
If these extreme conditions occur during the tour, the price will be lowered only for the remaining part of the program not made.
If customers come from another country / region and appear extreme weather conditions, our agency has no obligation to compensate customers in any way for expenses related to flights or other transportation. Also, if extreme weather conditions occurring during the program and the clients can’t go back home, our agency has no obligation to pay accommodation and other additional expenses.
You are welcome to Romania!
+40 757 894 456 | +40 749 120 009
Before booking please read the terms and conditions, request a booking implies acceptance of terms and conditions.
Bookings are done based on a deposit of 20% of the total price of the chosen program.
The rest of the payment have to be done 30 days before the tour start. If the tour is booked less then 30 days before departure, the full price will be paid.
You can pay by:
- BANK TRANSFER;
- ONLINE, by card, using EuPlatesc (iPay) system